Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Crowdsourcing Some Peace and Calm

A few days ago, I posted here about my recurring tumor and the complications it was causing for my life and wallet. A fundraising effort launched  over the weekend and as of this minute has raised nearly $4000 of a $12000 anticipated need. As a result, I've been able to keep my regular paycheck paying my regular bills on time and at normal amounts and I've also been able to pay 100% of the pre-surgical bills (vision screening, MRI, initial Neuro and ENT consults and surgical down-payments) incurred thus far. I do have one more pre-surgical appointment with the hospital in the middle of next week, but I should be OK for that, too, as far as immediate payment goes.

The truth remains that between the at least four different providers (Neuro, ENT, Imaging, Hospital), I am still working toward my out of pocket cap and that the combined total will exceed it, so by the middle of April, I will need to have sent $10k to these folks. A week ago, I had no idea how I would possibly manage that, but it seems the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be more than 30 of my friends with metaphorical flashlights and a map of the way out.

Thanks again and I'll write more as I know more!

No comments :