Thursday, March 3, 2016

My morning at RRMC

This AM has been spent at the hospital. The good news is that the overall billing has hit my cap and I will not be seeing a bill for the CT I just had. The other (not bad, per se) news is the surgery itself is what's hitting my cap and it IS being billed and will be the next thing I need to take care of. The estimated charges are just north of $70k, with allowable charges a tad over $58k, and when the dust settles, the amount left on my cap that the hospital actually expects is $4376. IF I can get that paid by the 13th, I can save nearly $600 (a hospital discount) and still have the full amount count toward my cap... So that is the next amount we need to hit and we are partway to it (with the movement on the YouCaring effort on my behalf, we've raised just over $4700 and that has all been applied to existing billing aimed at the $10k cap). Some of my own money also went there in January ($1200 down for the MRI), before the YouCaring effort launched. Some of that $10k is still 'pending' form the vision field test and the initial MRI ($2036 still owed there -- got that bill today), which haven't been paid in full, as yet.

My child care situation is stable, so far, but post-op could make it more complicated, so our next push needs to be to get to the $10k number, so I can get the hospital taken care of, then the final $2k may be far less urgent and may even be un-needed. Fingers Crossed!!

No comments :