Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring! Good & Less Good things make for interesting days

I'm back to work as of yesterday. Have had a good couple of days catching up with all my students and the cast of my show. I am so very pleased with the accomplishments of the music director and choreographer, who've been running rehearsals while I've been gone. I had an amazing substitute (who is also one of my theater parents) who did a great job keeping my groups going up to spring break and then she teamed the final week with my student teacher, who has already started on his lesson for my Intro class. There are some challenges at work, though, so we'll see how that all shakes out.

I spent the weekend and part of the previous week, doing productive, but relatively undemanding work at my house. Some gardening and landscape work, but no heavy lifting (20# restriction was the thing for the last part of my time away from work). The home front has challenges lurking, too... spring break was supposed to be 8 days of being on top of my sloth-like remodeling effort, but that is largely on hold, as the reserves that were paying for it have been exhausted paying instead for this other thing. Thus the projects with no price tag except time and (eventually, now that I am cleared to do some more actual work) sweat.

Also spent some of the weekend sorting through various tupperware / rubbermaid containers, figuring out which connected to which MealTrain providers (that was an amazing several days of very good, no hassle food... so much thanks to Kirie for organizing it and making several deliveries). Going to return those this week.

Some of the bills are still just arriving. Saw first bills today from pre-op labs and anesthesia ($272.38 and $462.00). Also got the updated balance from the pre-op MRI ($340.80). On the bright side, two providers are paid in full: the hospital & the eye doc, and I have balances partially paid, though with very close to $1200 remaining, collectively: neuro & ENT surgeons, who haven't sent updated bills.

The most troubling thing to come in the mail today was the note from the IRS indicating someone has already filed a return this year using my name and social security number. So yeah. That's fun.

Looking forward to having a regular month that only sees correspondence from the water district, Rogue Disposal, Pacific Power, and the internet provider :)

No comments :