Thursday, January 26, 2017

Change is a Comin'

So life is an interesting thing. 2016 was colossally bad in many ways for many of us. People who've followed me in the past know I had a major medical issue recur this past spring. Those same people probably know my political leanings and know that November wasn't my idea of a good outcome. Hyperbole aside, collapse of a once great civilization is something that seems like it might come to pass in the next four to (ugh) eight years. Something I didn't really bring up publicly were changes to my job situation. And without specifics, that also was far from ideal in how it unfolded in late spring, summer, and into the autumn.

So how is 2017 doing, so far?

Well, the health situation is stable. So that's good.

The political situation is a complete cluster*&^$, but I am heartened to see the Resistance emerging in unexpected places, like the twitter feeds of @AltNatParkSer and @RogueNASA, amongst others.

The job situation found something that can be called a resolution, but not an ideal one, nor one that was satisfying.

But what does that /really/ mean? It means I have been free in the last few months to consider other options and look beyond where I might normally look.

I am a theater teacher and not a lot of high schools have theater openings. Of those that do, more than not aren't full time. Locally, there were no options. Looking further afield within Oregon wasn't particularly fruitful, either, and once I start looking beyond that, what is the actual limit?

A few of my friends are teachers in places FAR further afield. Nanchang, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, etc... so my search went that wide, too. And I found something. So, come August, we'll be venturing forth to something new. And I'll be teaching and producing theater again in the space shown here.

More details as the spring and summer unfold. And THIS will become a more active site, again.


2 comments :

Lover-boy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

YEO! Just heard the news from the folks, this is way cool. Aside from times being what they are.